Editing out your Home Made Green Screen: Part 1
I tried various options/sites/plug-ins to try and edit out my Home Made Green Screen but found most were best compatible with PCs, since I am a dedicated Mac user I went with a version compatible with Final Cut Pro. Just follow this step by step guide with helpful images originally Posted by Tim Dashwood. View Post
BTW, I did figure out a way to do it that isn’t terribly difficult once you do the first one. I found a similar method for Photoshop and stereo still photos and applied the concept to FCP.
1. Place the RIGHT side image on V1
2. Place the LEFT side image on V2
3. Align the subject by temporarily bringing V2’s opacity to 50% and adjusting the x,y position of one or both of the clips. Return V2 clip to 100% opacity.
4. Place the LEVELS filter on V1 RIGHT clip and select RED. Bring the Output and tolerance to 0.
5. Place the LEVELS filter on V2 LEFT clip and select BLUE. Bring the Output and tolerance to 0.
6. Place the LEVELS filter on V2 LEFT clip and select GREEN. Bring the Output and tolerance to 0.
7. CTRL-click the LEFT clip (V2) and select SCREEN MODE.
That’s it. Now you can copy and paste attributes. I’d still love this to be in plug-in form though.
Household Hackers from my previous posting also showsyou how to do it using Wax and Adobe After Effects to Chroma key out your image.